Proposal for rules/Tos change/upgrade and more

Page 1 of 1

Post Proposal for rules/Tos change/upgrade and more

#1  Tormie 14 Jul 2006 13:48

Hi friends:

I want to discuss with you some changes/upgrade in our policy about commercial sites and freebies coming from them.

In simple words our non-commercial policy should be clear to all so that we won't have to debate with users who don't accept it or that are trying to avoid it (or simply that have not red the rules   )

-1 Promote a commercial site in a post: no
-2 Promote a non commercial site in a post: yes
-3 Promote a non commercial site with commercial banners: I don't know (What do you think about it?)
-4 Promote a freebie from a non commercial site: yes
-5 Promote a freebie from a commercial site: yes only if there is a direct link to the site, or yes if the links goes to the page where the freebie is (need to know what you think about it)
-6 Promote a freebie that won't be anymore a freebie after a period of time, like daz/poserpros weekly freebie: no (what do you think about it ?)
-7 Bribe Tormie in order to avoid the rules: yes!... ehm... no

I don't know if "policy" can be used instead of "rules" in our front panel, you know that my english is poor   , but "rules" sounds too hard to me...

So said after your replies we should rewrite the 1,2,3 point of our rules table to make them clearer.

I just created a new subforum of this one "posts awaiting approval", you can see that there is a post by xsilentlyspoken, it promotes celestial dreams and in the front page of the site is written that the site will have a store and the prices of the models. I've already wrote to xsilentlyspoken that the post will need approval by the staff.

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  JanReinar 14 Jul 2006 14:39

Looks great for me.  

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#3  Tormie 14 Jul 2006 14:43

Thanks John . I want to discuss about freebies for commercial characters, like the  
2 that whazizname just uploaded... Obviuosly they can't work without buying the main character.... What do you think about it ?

Last edited by Tormie on 14 Jul 2006 15:10; edited 1 time in total 
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#4  JanReinar 14 Jul 2006 14:52

Sometimes I titled this kind of textures to use in my P4 clothes and characters. But if the site politics is not enforce commercial material and I will support your decision!

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#5  Tormie 14 Jul 2006 15:12

Those textures are for clothes sold somewhere, however I would know some ideas on how to manage the thing...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#6  JanReinar 14 Jul 2006 17:19

I was thinking about it those textures are for clothes sold somewhere but as I was post you can use them to do something else. My idea is that we can allow freebies like these but we can't allow a freebie who need a commercial item to work, like a prop or a character what need a commercial geometry.      

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#7  JanReinar 14 Jul 2006 17:26

I hope you don't think that it is a coward way to think!  

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#8  Ozymandias Jones 15 Jul 2006 00:18

It gets all very complicated.

For example... clothing or a morph for a Victoria? Almost everyone has one (or two or three), so it's useful to many and something very typically shared as freebies. But it still needs a commercial item to use. Though I do understand what you're saying John, in some cases it is much more targeted and specific.

I think we would limit our freebies links if we excluded freebies on commercial sites completely. For example Phill C, who as we know has made some great P4 stuff in his earlier days and most of it is now available from his site as free items... but it is still a commercial site at heart. But there are so many freebies   and not all can be direct linked and some will require joining their site to access.

The same really goes for PoserPros and the other biggies. How do we draw the line and not rule out such vast hoards of items.

Computer Lie #1: You'll never use all that disk space.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound as they fly by." - Douglas Adams

blank.gif Ozymandias Jones Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#9  pangor 15 Jul 2006 09:29

not stating an opinion but providing a little information. The textures for the catsuit that was uploaded is for a commercial clothing model.  The the textures for MyShirt2 are for a free clothing model.  MyShirt2 was made to be worn by a DAZ model butmight be able to be made to work for other free models.

I am tired so, I am not thinking too clear, will have to think more after sleep.  But it sounds to me that in the end of this process we may come to a situation like we did when writing the new rules for the gallery.  We state the clear cases  of what we won't accept.  and leave everything else to us to determine as they happen.

About xSilentlySpoken, she got here faster than I had expected! She has rebuilt her sites, so that at this moment it is a brand new site with only the site's name and the domain name the same.  Unlike the prior site that was mostly commercial with some 3D community support, this time it appears to be for support of the store that is being built there.  It seems that there will be free items offered, some with connections such as a newsletter gift and some fully free.  I will continue to remind her of our policies.  BTW, I am not sure how it happened     :mmmh:, but somehow I found that she made me a moderator.

Hi Ozy!  

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Page 1 of 1