Subject: Last 3 MATs For AC427
I have uploaded another set of MAT poses for the AC 427 Shelby Cobra by: VK

"Gradients & Graphics" is the theme for this set of paint schemes.

In this set I chose to attach the raytracing; but of course you can disconnect it if you wish.
Some part use bump maps; so they may not render as expected in Poser 4.
{See included reame for more information.}

Enjoy!!!
(:

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Last 3 MATs For AC427
Thanks my friend!

Profile PM  
Looks amazing, thanks a lot! :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Awww, Shucks... :wink:

I'm happy so many people like the Cobra enough to try out the textures.
:)

Thanks for the positive comments, friends.
(:

Profile PM  
I fyou want a suggestion you can watch some photos of famous racing cars and replicate their colors and "texture" even if they are not cobra, I mean for example famous american cars like the ford gt 40 or the orange dodge charger "general Lee" of "Hazard"

Good suggestion Tormie.

I've never been inspired by typical racing colors, or textures. To me they are just rolling billboards; one big commercial for the sponsors. The colors, and texture I find most interesting, and inspiring are "hot rods" and "Show Cars" of years past. {I should also add that the graphics on some of the "tuned" Japanese cars are quite interesting too; although I'll have to get better at texturing to be able to apply such complicated designs across the models' "seams".}

Speaking of GT40... I did create a couple of "prettified" color scheme for VK's gt409 freebie; so far I have not made them available to the public; Hmmm....

:wink:

(:

Profile PM  
Subject:
Can you imagine being inspired by typical racing colors or textures?

Profile PM  
Subject:
Posy wrote: [View Post]
Can you imagine being inspired by typical racing colors or textures?

No; never. :snooty:

I do not do "contract creation" anymore; it is a very unsatisfying place for me to create from.

(:

Profile PM  
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Tormie,
I was playing a video game {Forza Motorsports for XBox}, when I remembered a race car paint job that I did like alot. It was used on the Toyota TM020 LeMans racers in the 1990s. I'll search around and see if I can find some images of these cars with this coloring.

Again: good suggestion.

(:

Profile PM  
I did a search today for images, and discovered... 1.) The correct name of the racer is TS 020; 2.) Most images are of models, or game versions; 3.) It was not quite as interesting as I remember it {Probably because I did not remember so many sponsor decals on it.}

FYI:
The color scheme that I remembered was from the 1998 version, car # 27. These are the best images I've found so far; and some of them are of a die-cast model.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...a%20ts020/No27/

(:

Profile PM  
It seems very difficult to do ! :uuh:

Page 1 of 1