"Virtual characters want to be real , real people want to be virtual"

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

#16  Poserkatz 29 Mar 2005 02:48

In the 80s there was also a "new" Sience Fiction Wave about Cyberspace.
The most important authors were William Gibson with his "Newromancer"-Trilogy
and Bruce Sterling as the main-philosophe-thinker of that themes (he had also
written great novels like "Schismatrix").
The base-scenario is always the same: the world of the near future is sick and ill,
there are superrich people - all others are poor. No middleclass at all all over the world.
The ONE WORLD ruled of international big concerns, they have the money and do what
they want.
Even in the late 80s there was a movie calls "Freejack", the theme: if dead comes nearer,
and you have the money, you can save your personality/brain to a harddisk called "switchboard",
than you buy a new body (of any poor man you like, most founded in history back, because the
people of today in this movie all were crapp, biological determ and so on) and so you can in fact
live forever, you move with your brain/feels/char/personality from body to body...

So i think, the 2 wishes to "play god and create life" and "Living forever" you can merge into
with computer and digital technology - i think an important motive why digital life became so
much attractive.

Just a thought, perhaps it will help you...  

Poserkatz Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2580
Lemons 1762
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

#17  TdaC 29 Mar 2005 06:42

Eranda - Angela is Posy's sister. Once when Posy was gone from the sie, she was here instead of Posy.
Take a look at tormentor's gallery and you can see pics of Angela. There's an interesting story there about her taking tormentor for a ride oon the vespa and him ending up in the hospital.

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

#18  Posy 29 Mar 2005 06:42

There sure is.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#19  pangor 29 Mar 2005 09:08

That is why Angela having the keys for the hover bike worries me.

Pangor

pangor 

#20  TdaC 29 Mar 2005 10:06

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

#21  tda42 29 Mar 2005 14:45

Don't drive as fast as your guardian angel can fly!  

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#22  Angela 29 Mar 2005 22:33

Hey I'm here   !! Uncle Tormie talked me about this thread !

Erenda is right, the virtual people can only get "virtually" older:   I've not yet choosen what age I prefer... For the next year I'll become 15een   ! (and tomorrow is my birthday  :dancing:).
I wouldn't become very older because Posy says that because I'm her sister I'll get the same breast size   ...

Posy is 21 and don't get older   ... We don't know if we will die, it's a concept that we can't fully understand, anyway uncle Tormie says that when he will get very older he will become virtual and live with us forever   ... He say that all the other real people will go to heaven, a lot of them to hell or they will reincarnate, but he will come here so we won't have to cross the screen anymore...

Last edited by Angela on 29 Mar 2005 22:36; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif Angela Gender: Female
Online Support
Online Support
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1730
Lemons 855
hearts 0

#23  erenda 30 Mar 2005 02:13

Happy Birthday, Angela! ( I want to be 15een again!    )

Thank you all for helping me!     

erenda 

#24  pangor 30 Mar 2005 02:20

Holy Cow!  It is the holy terror of the highways and flyways herself!
Hello, Angela.

Here is an idea for everyone.  What if all of what we call reality is just a part of a virutal reality simulation of running in a computer in someone's lab.

How can you who are reading this be certain that this is the real world and not just an elaborate dream?  With you being the only real person while everythig else and everyone else is just a figment of your imagination?

Pangor

pangor 

#25  erenda 30 Mar 2005 02:32

Quote:

Here is an idea for everyone. What if all of what we call reality is just a part of a virutal reality simulation of running in a computer in someone's lab.

WoW.    I'll write this too. If it's so the computer's owner has very very  bad sense of humour.        

erenda 

#26  erenda 30 Mar 2005 02:38

Quote:

Here is an idea for everyone. What if all of what we call reality is just a part of a virutal reality simulation of running in a computer in someone's lab.

WoW.    I'll write this too. If it's so the computer's owner has very very  bad sense of humour.          This reminds me the ending of Men in black II  

erenda 

#27  pangor 30 Mar 2005 03:08

That idea has been around in SciFi for many years, at least since around the year 1920.

There is a great movie, called "The Thirteenth Floor" about this idea.  It is a SciFi, romance, and mystery story.  If you don't want some of the plot spoiled, stop reading now.

It is about a murder mystery where the lead scientist in a research project was murdered.  It is the current year. The project is to create a real virtual simulations world from the time of his youth.  They are sucessful, and can link their minds into the computer and experience that world by possesing the virtual bodies of their counterparts in the simulated world.  When they are not in that world, their counterparts live their own lives not knowing what their bodies had done during the possession.  After a while it is discovered that the real world is a virtual world created by a computer firm from about 20 years in the future.  So the real, real world created a simulation in which the virtual people have created their own simulated world in turn.  The romantic angle is that the main character, a virtual person of the "real" world and the woman who he meets as the adult daughter of his mudered mentor but is in fact from the real real world fall in love.

pangor 

#28  Tormie 30 Mar 2005 10:00

I've seen it ! In any case it would be of no difference for me if our world would be a computer simulation. Actually we don't know and will never know the reasons of our existence, I think that's because our brain can't understand it, so it would be of no difference for me to know who is God.

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#29  Poserkatz 30 Mar 2005 19:12

Sorry, but "The 13th floor" has boring me...
At the end all was okay! But - logical? - why the hell
they should know, if it is not another simulation???
I think, the movie was not well thinking at all.
A bit too simple thinking...

Poserkatz Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2580
Lemons 1762
hearts 0

#30  pangor 30 Mar 2005 21:12

That is just the final mystery, how many more levels of simulations are there above their own?  Just like the final mystery in "High Planes Drifter" shown during the closing credits.

Pangor

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2