Some good news about an older model.

Page 1 of 1

Post Some good news about an older model.

#1  pangor 31 Mar 2006 18:32

Hello,

I am going away for a while today to work on some pictures.  This is really a continuation of the topic about DPH; but because this is a happy thing, I wanted to post this in it's own topic.

As you know, DPH posted links that appeared to be illegal.  They were for downloading Eve 4, we needed to verify those the legality of those links.  So, I contacted both Traveler and and MomCat about this, the contents of the emails I sent them are in that other topic in this forum.

After the removal of those links, DPH became angry and several times posted in the forums comments that were written to be hurtful to Tormie and also to all of us, but mostly to Tormie.  Along with the more extreme hurtful comments he said things like: Tormie is being shortsighted about Eve 4's availablity.  That we would all regret our actions in removing the links.  

He was wrong, I don't feel that way at all, infact Posetteforever will be involved in a small part in making Eve 4 avaialble again.

I got a reply from MomCat a couple of days ago, but we still needed a reply from Traveler before doing anything about it.  His email arrived this morning.

The text of those emails are quoted here. but first let me say.  Yes Traveler did autorize MomCat to distribute Eve on-line as a free download.  But no the link was not proper, MomCat did not intend that link to be used directly.  Combining her words with those DPH's comments.  It is clear that MomCat offered the intnal link to her website to someone (DPH) in confidence, a friendly act by one person to another so that he would not have to wait until preparations are complete before gettin a copy of Eve 4.  One DPH had the link, he went on a posting spree with it.

MomCat was very pleased about our actions in being careful about the link and asking for confirmation.  I am hoping that as a result of our verifing these facts with them, Posetteforever may have made two new friends in 3D communities, MomCat and Traveler.

MomCat has asked for help in preparing to properly offer Eve 4 to the public as a free download from her site.  She suggested that we may make a contest of it with prizes offered by her.  I thanked her for her reply and left it at that at the time.  Now with Traveler confirmation of the facts in hand.  I have sent MomCat an email that in part said that contests and competitions are not in the spirit of Posetteforever; however helping others is in our spirit.  So I will be offline preparing those thumbails and perhaps matching gallery images.

First I need to download the part of Eve 4 that I don't currently have.  So, I will be downloading Eve 4 from the internal link, but inorder to help the model to become properly available.

Here is the emails I got from them:

Traveler
Quote:

Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:22:26 -0500
To:
Subject: RE: Distribution of Eve 4
Parts/Attachments:
   1   OK      21 lines  Text
   2 Shown   ~111 lines  Text
----------------------------------------

Yes, I have given her permission

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 2:47 AM
To:
Subject: Distribution of Eve 4

Hello, I am an administrator of Posetteforever. A new member has posted in our forums a link to freely download Eve 4. We were told that
you have authorized MomCat to freely and widely distribute Eve 4. None of our staff have seen anything written by you about this. Were
these claims true? We have removed the link, pending confimation of these claims. You can contact me at Thank
you. Pangor Administrator, Posetteforever

MomCat
Quote:

Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 07:30:45 -0500
To: pangor <pangor@pcmagic.net>
Subject: Re: Eve 4

Wow!  Thank you so much for contacting me about this.  It's refreshing
to find honesty still alive and well in this day and age.
I intend to put up a public link sometime soon..I just haven't had time
to make a thumbnail.
Actually, if someone wanted to create an image for the download, I would
be very grateful. It can be a full sized image as my gallery software
creates a thumb automatically.  If you wanted to even turn it into a
contest that would be fun.  I can offer the winner one of my Aiko
characters, or my pin-up poses.

Casey >^_^<

pangor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am an administrator at Posetteforever.  A new member has posted in our
> forums, an internal link to your web site to download Traveler's Eve 4. We
> were told that Traveler has authorized you to freely and widely distribute
> Eve 4.  We have also been told that the internal link to your site that is
> not linked to by your site's regular pages is the way that you intended
> to distribute Eve 4 to all who desire to have a copy.  It this true?
>
> We have removed the link from our forums, pending confirmation of these
> statements.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Pangor
> Administrator,
> Posetteforever
>

Oh, I also invited them both to come visite to Posetteforever.  

Now I am off to do what I can to help Eve 4 to be available as a proper and legal free download item, again, for the first time in years.

We will put up a link only when all prepartations are final and in keeping with the way MomCat would prefer.

Pangor

pangor 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  JanReinar 31 Mar 2006 18:51

You made a great work my friend!  

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#3  Tormie 31 Mar 2006 19:00

This is a great news and a success Pangor   !!      !!! You did a wonderful work, and now all Posettes are loving you

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#4  melamkish 01 Apr 2006 02:46

Excellent work, as usual

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#5  PitKlad 05 Apr 2006 23:03

Great news!
I hope Eve finds her way to PosetteForever

blank.gif PitKlad Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#6  pangor 06 Apr 2006 08:46

I have asked MomCat which way she would like the link posted here.  Also, I made and sent the thumbnails on March 31st.  So far have not seen a reply.  And there has been no likes added to on her site.

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Page 1 of 1