Skin texturing

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

#16  TdaC 29 Apr 2006 11:22

Hmmm what do u want to know? i'm no expert, but i can tell you how i do it. I use paintshop pro 7.  First u need photos of bodyparts and face and u need skin seamguide/templet for the figure you are going to make a skin for.

I mostly do high delails in the face, hands.... Legs/arms/genital i don't do very detailed, but the same technic would  of corse apply to those parts too.

I start with the photo of the face.
I erase the eyes.  
The skin on the outskirts of the face usually have the same /or close color and lighting so i decided what part of it matches the color and lighting of the face the most.
I make a seamless tile of a small part of that ouskirt of the face on a new image.
I paste the face on to the seamless tile. I then clone brush (with a clonebrush set low, like 40 %) the outskirts of the face so that it maches the seamless tile i made and the face.
I then part by part paste the face onto the seamgiude for the face. There will be gaps and i use the clone brush to fill them, cloneing the neighbouring skin.

Hope that helped or gave u some ideas. I have never followed a tut, so there are probably much easier way of doing it, i just came up with this for myself.

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

• Back to top Page bottom

#17  Tormie 29 Apr 2006 19:13

Thank you for having shared your technique Thilda   !

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

Post Re: Skin Texturing

#18  manleystanley 01 Dec 2006 19:22

Now we're talking about one of my obsessions. I have been doing quite a bit of work on this for the past few weeks. I've tried verious techneques and found most of them usfull one way or another.
Poser5's face room is nice if you can find the right photos to use, I found them here http://www.3d.sk/index.php. Not saying the face room works great all the time, some times it can be a pain.
I do most of my work in Carrara5, but I make skin textures to use in C5 with Genetica 2.5; a seamless texture generator .  I've acheaved my best results stacking mutiple texture in a shader; up to 6. Below is my first work in the face room, the body texture is a stack of 6 textures. But this is something I am always working on.

usa.png manleystanley Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 860
Lemons 598
hearts 0

Post Re: Skin texturing

#19  Tormie 02 Dec 2006 01:40

Thank you for the hint manleystanley . I had to edit your link to Genetica becasue we don't allow links to commercial products on Posetteforever  

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#20  manleystanley 02 Dec 2006 04:36

Well I am a Genetica beta tester so......  
I had thought about exporting that model as a .obj, and saving the shader as a texture, just to see if it would work.
If your rendering with a program that allows you to stack textures in the shader, Grab a nice skin and a paint program. Darken it set the contrast way up, then save as a B texture. Start with the origenal texture again and lighten then shift the color a bit to magenta{pink}. save as C. Back to the origenal texture again. Darken it way down, set the contrast way up, the do a gausnian blur to soften the edges, save as D. Now stack them. Not sure about other programs but in Carrara you can use a noise to mix the textures. If your does, go back to the origenal texture, set up the contrast a bit and make it black and white, save as BW, now make it a negative and save as NEG. Have fun, I have spent hours doing just this to get a skin as realistic as posable.

usa.png manleystanley Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 860
Lemons 598
hearts 0

#21  malkova 03 Sep 2020 14:14

I have been looking for this information for a long time, I was very surprised when I found it here.
[Spammer link removed by Chromium]

Last edited by Chromium on 03 Sep 2020 18:36; edited 1 time in total 
 malkova 

#22  ahjah 03 Sep 2020 19:13

Thanks Amish for cleaning up I'll carry out the trash...

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#23  rico 03 Sep 2020 22:53

For a while   I've been thinking that P4 figures need good textures, similar to M3/V3's.

I know there's the Vicky Buster texture for P4F, & a PosetteV3wwg version which can use V3's textures (hi-res or standard, I'm not sure)... but I think P4 figures need their own set, including P4 children .

I'm not sure, but I think that it's ahjah's morph I came across for an African ethnic face for Posette (I think I saw it in Anywoman & Neaena as well), & when I first dialled it I thought "Wow, this African morph is so cool ! Thank's ahjah ! Awesome, I've always wanted an ethnic morph for P4 which improved on the base African character packaged with Poser 4 Pro Pack !"

Then I realised, what's needed in addition to this lovely African morph is a realistic ethnic texture .

I searched for some books on 3D texturing which I'd like to go through on my learning journey   & I hope I'll be able to make realistic textures like some of my more talented & experienced counterparts.

I don't understand shaders yet (not their purpose nor how they function).

But some of the pictures in the gallery have really cool textures & bump maps & I'd like to produce some of own like that .

Last edited by rico on 03 Sep 2020 22:54; edited 1 time in total 
 rico Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Elbow
Elbow

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 1130
Lemons 132
hearts 147

#24  ahjah 04 Sep 2020 16:36

Hi Rico
If you're looking for better textures for the P4 people you should have a look at April's Vanity.
There's a remapped Posette to take V2 skins and a P4male/ M2 remap, too. There are some decent free textures for them around, still.

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#25  rico 13 Oct 2020 19:08

Thank you kindly all!

I see on Poser DAZ Freebies there is a list of V2 textures (only a few for M2) which can be used on April Vanity's Posette (& Dork -   I don't like that name, the figure needs a better name).

So far, I've only read a little about UV Mapping, but I understand the basic concept (but not further details as yet). I haven't used UVMapper either yet.

Is there an application or script which can convert textures for one figure to another figure? E.g. convert a texture for V4 to a texture for Posette? I haven't seen anything like that yet.

If I recall correctly, there is a way in DAZ Studio, to use textures from M3, V3 on Genesis 1 figures (apparently if one has the M3, V3 shapes for Genesis 1, I think ).

At the moment, I think re-mapping a texture to a mesh remains a manual UV mapping process, but it would be convenient if someone could use a utility to simply point to one texture & say 'convert for use on another figure'.

Last edited by rico on 13 Oct 2020 19:08; edited 1 time in total 
Frequent User
Frequent User
Elbow
Elbow

Tomatoes 1130
Lemons 132
hearts 147

#26  Nik 13 Oct 2020 23:44

IIRC, Rendo may still sell a $$ 'Mat Converter', but I don't even begin to understand its arcana, or if applicable here.
Sorry...

uk.png Nik Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

#27  rico 13 Oct 2020 23:53

Thank you kindly Nik, I'll have a look

Frequent User
Frequent User
Elbow
Elbow

Tomatoes 1130
Lemons 132
hearts 147

#28  rico 14 Oct 2020 01:36

Found one but it's limited to the following figures, so no go on that one:

"... has eight transformation options:
- Victoria 4.2 (Daz) to DAWN (Hivewire3D)
- Victoria 4.2 to ROXIE 1.1 (Poser/SmithMicro)
- Victoria 4.2 to Genesis 2 Female (Daz)
- Victoria 4.2 to Pauline (Poser/SmithMicro)
- Michael 4 to DUSK (Hivewire3D)
- Michael 4 to Paul (Poser/SmithMicro)
- Michael 4 to Genesis 2 Male without anatomy
- Michael 4 to Genesis 2 Male with anatomy

** ADD-ON PACKS sold separately
- Victoria 4 to Genesis 3 Female
- Michael 4 to Genesis 3 Male
- TT FEMALE Add-on Pack (includes four transformations: Dawn to V4, Gen2 Female to V4 & Gen2 Female to Gen3 Female and Pauline to V4)
- TT MALE Add-on Pack (includes five transformations: Dusk to M4, Gen2 Male to M4 & Gen2 Male to Gen3 Male without anatomy, G2M to G3M with anatomy and Paul to M4)
"

Last edited by rico on 14 Oct 2020 01:36; edited 1 time in total 
Frequent User
Frequent User
Elbow
Elbow

Tomatoes 1130
Lemons 132
hearts 147