Making clothes in Carrara 3

Page 1 of 1

Post Making clothes in Carrara 3

#1  erenda 10 Jan 2005 04:17

Does anybody here use Carrara Studio? I'm trying to make a new ancient dress for Posette (like Mediterranian dress for Vicky) but when I export the  Posette figure in the vertex modeller it becomes too small and I can't see what  I'm doing.   I must rotate the camera all the time .    Does anyone know how can I make it bigger?
And anoter question to all 3D Studio Max users. I know 3DS Max uses a lot of ressources , but if I use it only to make clothes  would be 127 MB RAM enough ?

erenda 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  ahjah 10 Jan 2005 13:07

Hi
I dont use Carrara, but it´s a known problem Poser exports downscaled obj. (it´s the same the other way round )
Here´s a tool called ObjactionScaler to solve this
http://www.sandylodge.demon.co.uk/html/utilities.html

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#3  Hawktoey 11 Jan 2005 00:13

Not sure what to tell you about Carrara. Don't use it. Try searching google or something for Poser Tutorials. Might help to also check other forums like Renderosity, 3D Commune, and a couple others that do 3D work.

I use Max Studio for my stuff it's a killer on a computer. I am running a 1.2Ghz P3 processor with 512 MB SDRAM and a 128 MB Video card. And loading a Hi-res figure wil almost kill mine. Posette and the lo res figures are fine, as long as you don't go to overboard. I would say to try it first Max 7 Demo is free I believe from www.discreet.com, you can go there and even look up system requirements.

Hawktoey Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1530
Lemons 1137
hearts 0

#4  erenda 11 Jan 2005 03:13

Thank you!    I installed 3D Studio Max 6 a month ago , but I haven't used it yet.     I prefer Carrara because the interface looks like te Poser interface ( I think Carrara was owned by Metacreations )  The system requirements are too high, but I want to use 3DS Max only for making clothes for Posette and Dork. I'll try it sooner...

erenda 

#5  rayera 16 Jan 2005 14:19

I have Carrara Erenda but never used it to make model but to do renders, it has (IMO) one of the best rendering engines (the lights are wonderful) as you said the interface is very nice and friendly but I m doing my first steps in modeling and, by now, I prefer wings 3d. I greatly recomend you it if you are a beginer too it's very easy to use and very complete free aplication and has a lot of tutorials in the page where you can download it from.
By the way what is "Sireuma deritika kren orul detoril!"
Good luck, and good renders

argentina.png rayera Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#6  erenda 16 Jan 2005 22:47

Thank alot! " Sireuma deritika kren orul detoril" means " Always more, never enough" . It's phrase from the language I'm inventing.  

erenda 

#7  Tormie 16 Jan 2005 23:11

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450