Tormie is still working...

Page 1 of 1

Post Tormie is still working...

#1  Tormie 04 Jun 2005 00:22

Hi friends, only to let you know where I am in the process of the site's upgrade.

Ok, I'm here:

http://posetteforever.com

Warning
As usual if you go there probably you'll have cookies problems so you'll have to go there

http://posetteforever.com/cookies.php

to delete them (even if the new files have a cookie button at the bottom of the page   )

Actually I moved (again) from a type of phpBB forum to a new one and I think to have found what we need. The Integramod is a premodded phpBB and above all is well supported and kept upgraded by its team. I tried another premodded phpBB during these days called Minerva, which was the original forum of Posetteforever, but they never replied about the bugs I found during the installation and the needed modifications for Posetteforever.

Today I installed the album and it is well integrated in the site now even if I've to apply some modifications to it (avatars, smilies etc.)

Then I'll have to change the main logo and some other things, then transfer all the files, like the attachments and the pictures and at last import the database.

I think to finish the work in one or two weeks. During this period nothing will change because I'm installing on a subdirectory and on a different database.

Sometimes I make a mess   overwriting the files of the installed forum, like today       but knowing how much damage I can make I backed up all the site's files so I can fix what's wrong very soon       , so if you see something not working PM me...

If you want to stress-test the new installation you're welcome, you can register and do what you want, keep in mind that all the database will be erased and changed with the informations from the main site at the end of the work.

I remind you that I was forced to do this mess because of the hacking attempts against our site. It seems that there are a lot of so-called "hackers" who are having fun defacing sites like our, no profits sites which have an amateur administrator like me (hacking a big site is too much for them, they use to read someone else "how to do" and apply...). I can't stand a situation like this and
I'm applying the last security patches to the software, like the "phpBB security" package. You'll have to fill a simple "question and answer" form once installed in order to unlock your account if someone tries to hack it. I'll explain it better when it will be the time but it's very simple...

I'll install a "black" style fully functional for who prefers it and the actual "noteBored" style will be installed later because I've a lot of files to edit in order to have it installed properly...

Sorry for the inconvenience friends   ...

P.S. the site seems to work normally now       ...

Last edited by Tormie on 04 Jun 2005 00:25; edited 2 times in total 
it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom