pangor
Subject: Can you identify these faces?
There is novel that I read a couple of years or so ago. What I find interesting is the people on the cover illustration, see if any of them look familiar to you.

This link will take you to where you can see the cover of the book:

http://www.ffbooks.co.uk/n2/n13788.htm

Look familiar?

Pangor

Subject:
:lol: Hye ! There is a Posette :heartbeat: there :dance: !

erenda
Subject:
They look very, very familiar :lol: :lol: :lol: . By the way is the book good?

Subject:
Thanks for telling me. If the book good is, then I'll be very surprised.

Profile PM  
pangor
Subject:
Yes. Jame P. Hogan worked for DEC and was a gifted part time author. I loved his early books, latter he became a full time author and the quality of his writing suffered. Still quite good, but darker more dreary and less inventive. More of his stories were written to the "standard formula". This book, although poorly thought of by some people, recaptures much of his lost magic. It is almost as good as his early works.

The book was written in 1995, so cover has Poser 2 generation of the models who became Posette and the fellow they call Dork as virtual people in a virtual world, the normal look man is a realworld man trapped in the virtual world but does no know it at first. There are other also trapped that way. That is enough of the plot to avoid spoiling the story.

A latter reprint of the book has an updated cover using Poser 3 genertion people. I believe that this image is of the updated cover. On the make of the cover is the same picture but with the Poser people removed and all the props in wireframe with the normal chap still in the same position and pose.

Pangor

pangor
Subject:
Hey! I Like the popup definitions of Posette and Dork, How about Posy?

pangor
Subject:
No, no definintion for Posy? :sad:

Pangor

erenda
Subject:
Sounds like a cool book! :lol: :lol: :lol: A month ago I started to write something similar, a piece about a man wit amnesia witch face the real world and find it absurd , he believes he's ina virtual world and when he disscover te truth he commit a suicide. :roll: Yes , another of my full of black humour "writings". :oops: :oops: :oops: I'll try to find a bulgarian version of the book. Thank you! :) :) :)
We certainly need a definition of Posy. :wink:

Subject:
:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Profile PM  
pangor
Subject:
In this case the discovery comes from discovering texture tiling errors and too repetitive flaws. It ends better, I don't rememeber the exact ending, haven't read it is ten years! Yikes! Ten years? Where is the smiliy witht eh big eyes when you need him?

Pangor

Subject:
Seems to be a good humour book! :lol:

Profile PM  
pangor
Subject:
It gets pretty dramatic at times. It could be viewed as the time that the technology for "The Matrix" or "The Thirdteenth Floor" was first being developed.

Pangor

Page 1 of 1