I need help with the P5 Mats for Chekov Hair

Page 1 of 1

Post I need help with the P5 Mats for Chekov Hair

#1  helldorado13 21 Jul 2006 04:41

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum.

I have a question regarding the P5 Mats for Chekov Hair. I've unzipped them and did my best to follow the directions in the read me file regarding the location to extract them to, and I cannot get them to show up in Poser.

Both my 'Spock' and 'Sulu' hair works and I've noticed they have .obj files that the P5 Mats for Checkov Hair do not. I've also noticed there are files with a .rsr extension, yet the readme makes no mention of where I should place them.

I'm using Poser 6.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I've come to the conclusion that I'm unable to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Helldorado13

helldorado13 Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 60
Lemons 66
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Tormie 21 Jul 2006 16:32

Hi Helldorado13 and welcome aboard   !! Regarding the rsr files they are a format specific of Poser, they contains nothing else but a thumbnail picture. I've opened the zip of the P5 mats for checkov hair, there is a "runtime" directory in there, simply copy and paste it over the runtime directory of your Poser installation. Next wear your character with the Checkov hair, select it and go to the "pose" items, you should find a "Mat Poses for Hair" directory, with a subdirectory named "Mylochka Hair Mats", then into another subdirectory called "PavHair" you should see the thumbnails of the different materials, simply double click on one of them and the hair should change color. Ask more if it doesn't work   ...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#3  helldorado13 27 Jul 2006 05:26

I tried that and here is what I'm getting.
When I click on the 'pose' and then follow my way down to the Mylocha Hair Mats' (I can see each of the levels of folder) I end up with an empty folder.

The sad thing is that I'm not unintelligent and when I find myself in a situation like this, it's because I've done something so stupid on a basic level that I cannot figure it out.

I guess some of the time I roll a -3 to the obvious.

Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 60
Lemons 66
hearts 0

#4  Tormie 27 Jul 2006 08:38

Well helldorado13, I never used these package since you had this problem, so I downloaded it and installed it. Try to download it again, in the zip on the site all the files are in place  

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#5  helldorado13 27 Jul 2006 14:45

I downloaded it and reinstalled and now I'm getting the thumbnail image of for the hair, however when I click on it and try to place it into the scene, nothing shows up on the figure.

Thanks though (seriously) for talking the time to help.

Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 60
Lemons 66
hearts 0

#6  Tormie 27 Jul 2006 18:39

Well, helldorado13, you should first put the original hair on the character, and this can be done installing the Checkov hair, you will find those hair in the "hair" section on Poser. Once they appear on the head of the character, switch to that "pose" directory and apply the different materials. The Mats package desn't contain the hair itself which is on a different package that have to be installed first, the "mats" package is an add-on  

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

HideWas this topic useful?