Posy & Vespa BIG

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Posy & Vespa BIG

#1  Tormie 25 Nov 2007 22:18

I've learned somewhere (probably on a Renderosity tutorial) that it's better to render a big version of your picture, postwork it and then reduce its size to the needed dimensions. I find easier to work on a big picture: you can even use big brushes during the postwork and you can even print the picture for a big frame without losing anything. Please don't think that I'm thinking too big of me   or Posy ( ) however I would show how Posy looks at 3000x3000, which is the resolution of her skin texture. I need to work a lot on her texture, it's fine but it's not on the level of the last V4s for example. The original texture can be found in the Arduino's Eve V1 and V2 (free) package. I modified it a lot of times, it's darker because Posy is intended to be a little tanned (even if red haired people tend to burn instead of tan, but Posy is virtual...) and it has freckles all over the body. I copied without mercy the material setting of the default Poser 6 female model (I don't remember the name now   , sorry ) obviously changing the original texture with this one, I've also stolen the eyes form the same model (exported, imported and changed with the original ones) and even if you can't see them I used Mayadoll's teeth. The lashes, the tears and lacrimals (even if you can't see them) are taken from a V4 and the eyebrows are dynamic hairs (I posted a topic about it here at PF). I'm using my personal version of NeaP4 in the last pictures, this is because she has those handles to move the breast (       ), coupled with the specific dials I can simulate better (I hope) the natural behaviour of the breast, note that in my last pictures I reduced the size of Posy's breast, mainly for her requests (and a lot of >SLAP!< ) and because I think that she looks better in this way (even if Posy will ever have "glorious" curves   ). Is a Posette made in this way still a Posette   ? I think "yes, no problem", it's not my fault if they changed her beautiful original shape with the following models instead of upgrading the original... If P5woman and P6woman would have the same shape it wouldn't be a problem for me to upgrade, but they are different (and very ugly) . Despite this I take what I can take some of these upgrades to enanche my Posy   (and Angela too)...

Click here for 3000x300 big picture with Posy and the Vespa (4Mbytes)

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Posy 25 Nov 2007 22:18

Does everyone learn somewhere probably on a Renderosity tutorial that it is better to render a big version of your picture postwork it and then reduce its size to the needed dimensions?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

Post Re: Posy & Vespa BIG

#3  Tormie 25 Nov 2007 22:19

I love you honey      

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  Posy 25 Nov 2007 22:19

Where am I?

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#5  Tormie 25 Nov 2007 22:19

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#6  ahjah 25 Nov 2007 22:50

Quote:
Is a Posette made in this way still a Posette?

I think as long as she's on the same base mesh (Maybe I could tolerate some additional mesh in special region , but I don't need it), she's a Posette, the head, at least should be morph compatible.
I personally prefer the default rigging (without Eve's buttocks), tuned with JP converter.
I'm using Yamato's lash props sometimes, as well as the lacrimals from PitKlad's NeaEna(exported and reimported as a standalone prop), Also, I'm using an universal eyes cr2 with unimesh mapping from time to time. I've tried the derivates (The Eves, the Neas and some remappings), but I'm stuck to the roots, somehow   
Only using a pretty simple 1200x1200 texture, a 3000x3000 render would look awful, I'm afraid

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#7  Tormie 25 Nov 2007 23:05

I've Yamato lashes too , they are great, but I never found the way to apply the morph on these wonderful props   ... So because they would need to be fixed anyway I'm using more "enached" versions of lashes. Saying it all, there is a problem with Posy's lashes, I made a mess in the past and now it's near impossible to recover it (or I don't know how to restore ONLY the lashes and leave the rest of the morph intact) so I'm forced to use external lashes ... I use a model or antoher (they look exactly the same) depending on the clothes and the Pose. If Posy wear a beach dress (bikini for example) Eve version is better because the legs bends very better. I want to study better the Pitklad's "moving handles" for the breast and maybe port them to Eve or (better   ) "my" Eveena   , that would be my "final" Posette   ... Another problem with Eve is that no clothes conforms fine if not the default one. I don't know if she is made compatible with V1 or V2 clothes, I should have tried with poor results. However I tend to use dynamic clotes for the upper region, and the "lower" region (skirts and pants) have less problems: I can even simply parent the clothes of another character there and have good results...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#8  Posy 25 Nov 2007 23:05

Ah. Interesting explanation. They might have other options. What makes you say that. Who says that? A model or antoher they look exactly the same depending on the clothes and the Pose ought to work.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#9  Tormie 25 Nov 2007 23:05

Yes, probably   ...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#10  tda42 25 Nov 2007 23:23

Yes this is very interesting. But perhaps you could make a tutorial on yours and Andreas's morphing, UV mapping and other things and make a PF vault so that others could learn by some of this and then make a pac to put the knowledge back into the vault for others to keep adding on.   Was just an idea and you never know. This might start an answer to all of your problems.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#11  Tormie 26 Nov 2007 00:03

I think that Andreas took advantage (like me) from rayera's tutorial on using Blender and expanded it   ofr his last morphs   , I used it for fixing some things in Posy's head and body morphs, and I use the shaping tool of Poser 7 too (it's the tool with the pointed finger). Things like adding this or that thing to your Posette (like external eyes , teeth and lashes) has only the limit of the fantasy and the availability of the material . We've also a couple of good tutorials on dynamic clothes by rayera and Whazizname, lighting by Melamkish etc. etc. I think that it would be interesting to know the steps that the artist does in making their picture, like how you make your glowings. I mean some posts where the authors explains how they made the picture.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#12  tda42 26 Nov 2007 00:12

Yes I think that would be great. Maybe you need to move the tutorials as well into a more normal spot so that it can be more esay to get to. Last time I ever got to look at one I went everywhere to find it. The deeper it goes with time.  

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#13  Tormie 26 Nov 2007 00:19

I thought to have sticked them all Kenny, they should be first in the list...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#14  tda42 26 Nov 2007 02:51

They are??? Well darned if I didn't look.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#15  ahjah 26 Nov 2007 03:21

Well Kenny,
Tormies right. As far as the morphs are concerned, technically, I follow rayera's tuts for Blender.
For me, it's almost impossible to explain how I work, cos I'm very intuitive. It's mainly a matter of practice,
I'm playing around and the longer I do this the better I get
@Davide, as far as Posy's lashes are concerned, for repairing glitches done by morphing, Codetwister's MorphMaster does a good job. It's very good for shifting single vertices to get them into the right position.
If you'd like me to give it a try, just send me the morph...

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130