Truly Amazing

Page 1 of 1

Post Truly Amazing

#1  Marv 08 May 2008 18:10

Hi everyone, mind if I ramble? Okay here we go.

I was sifting through some old files the other day and the realization came to me..."holy crap, I've got alot of stuff"! I do from time to time tend to go on download binges. It starts out looking for something specific and before I know it I have accumulated a ton of files or stumbled across other really neat stuff such as Kururu. So, while looking through the myriad of disks that I have (we're talking 150+) I found that there were things that I downloaded from years ago and had forgotten about and that can't be easily be found anymore. The sad part is that some of the files are so old that contacting the authors can be frustrating beyond belief since alot of the old email addresses are no longer valid.

But more than finding old downloads I have found that over the past few years or so I have created quite a bit of characters, props and such. A good example is that Retro-style hover scooter that I recently put in the freebie section. Or even the Body building Posette. I have a Posette that I created years ago that has over 40 different character morphs for the face alone that I still use but have never shared. So just using that I could make over 40 separate posettes...and still I have more! Now I look back at some of my early work with props and modeling and I begin to think to myself, "Hey, I'll bet that some of my friends at PosetteForever would like these." So what I'm thinking of doing is cleaning up some of my old stuff, perhaps do some revamping and updating on others and putting them up for those of you that may be interested...time permitting of course.

Here is a suggestion for Tormie, maybe we could have a area in the Freebies section and give it a name such as "The Junk Box" for items that members have made over the years but never posted anywhere before. Maybe there could be a "Prop Challenge" or a "Morph Challenge" or a "Texture Challenge", etc.

Now I don't think that I'm the greatest creator out there but I don't think I do too bad either. But if you have any characters, props, etc. that you have made ask yourself this question, "I wonder if my friends would like this?"

Just food for thought.
See ya in the funny papers!
Marv

us.png Marv Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Truly Amazing

#2  Tormie 08 May 2008 20:39

Marv, you can upload all of your creation on Posetteforever, no problem   , and Thank you . Why call them "Junk box?" just upload them in the category they belong is ok   . We've a lot of space

About challenges, we never had challenges or contests here because we don't want things like "mine is better than yours", but we have exhibitons from time to time, everyone can start one or ask for a forum for their specific project and be a moderator for that forum. We encourage this and had some in the past. Sometimes the "OWNER" of the project become lazy or disappear but , anyway, there is not problem to open a new forum for a project.

Obviously Posetteforever is made to save Posettes   and creations from authors that would be lost in other places... We have the "once forgotten stuff" subsection in the free stuff page

You're very welcome, and thank you again  

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

Post Re: Truly Amazing

#3  Nik 08 May 2008 22:26

Hi, Marv, I must agree.

So VERY many 'classic' clothes and morphs have been lost when sites closed, figure versions changed or their Artists moved on to other things. They deserve better.

I've mined my freebie archives for possible C-D conversions, you've seen some results...

IIRC, though I've not yet investigated C-D 3, it *may* be able to convert a 'dynamic' garment OBJ into a CR2. That may offer possibilities for re-working items from 'BC' ('Before Conformer') when clothes were little more than static props...

I'm sorry, I do not have time or energy at present, but...

uk.png Nik Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Amazing photo TdaC The Posetteforever diary 7 09 Jul 2005 16:09 View latest post
Ozymandias Jones

Page 1 of 1