Azura And Eve V4

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Azura And Eve V4

#1  Marv 16 Apr 2011 22:34

So I was going through old files last night like I always do and I came across a figure that I downloaded years ago called Azura that I picked up at MorphWorld 2.0. The grouping for this figure is similar to Victoria 1 and 2 and the posing range is very nice in comparison to Posette. The only problem that I have is that the head, although it is still Posette, is a higher resolution meaning that any face and head morphs for Posette will not work on this head as well as any body morphing. I can do the body morphing with no problem but I have never attempted any expression morphs such as the mouth and the eyelids. What I am planning on doing is hybriding this figure, Azura's body with the standard Posette head. Anyone have any thoughts on this figure or have done any expression morphs I would appreciate your thoughts.

Marv

us.png Marv Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Azura And Eve V4

#2  ahjah 16 Apr 2011 23:13

Hello Marv

I am not exactly sure if I know what you are talking about. I'll have to review my own old backups if I can find her to have a closer look. I didn't work with with the re-grouped Posettes/Eves much. I found no real use for them, as they were not compatible with all the morphs I did for the "real" Posette over the years, some of them don't even work with the original texture mapping, as far as I remember... I always found, original Posette works best, with Yamato's jp-converter joints applied at least. The only modification I made on my own Posette .obj is adding two more material zones to the eye ball to vary size of pupil and iris a bit when working without textures. ( yes, I'm a kind of "puritan" )
As I said, I have to search my own backups for the figure to have a closer look and see if she's worth some more work.
I'll let you know.

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#3  Tormie 17 Apr 2011 19:59

There is something you can try Marv: use one of those programs that (should...) transfer the morphs from the body to the clothes, use this high resolution model as the conforming "cloth" and transfer the morphs, it should work, with some adjustment.

Like Andreas I don't remember the character I would like to try it.

Now, I don't know if a character with a high resolution head can be considered a "Posette" or an imitation (one could use a Victoria 4" and make her look like a Posette) But if the character is free I think she can be named a "Posette"

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  ahjah 18 Apr 2011 08:18

I had a look into my geometries and found out I must have had it installed once because the Azura.obj is present there. I just cannot find the cr2. Must have got lost in my HD crash last autumn so I can't try her (I remember it was called Azura-Trial or something like this). I had a closer look in a mesh viewer. Looks like an Eve's body. The head mesh is shaped exactly like Posette, only the face and the ears are higher res (the part you see as the face when looking at a texture). Looks like simply subdivided once more in a modeler, no real improvement for the problem zones at the eyebrow/forehead are still present and visible.  The mapping is different. Head mapping looks similar to original, but was put into a separate map. Everything else is completely different and don't match any standards. You may try converting the head morphs as described by Davide, should work because the base shape is identical. But, IMHO, she's not worth the efford, I cannot see any real improvement. The only improvement for Posette I can think of is a really working V3/ unimesh mapping for the unaltered .obj (I think it to be the best mapping and there are hundreds of high quality free textures around)
@Davide, I dont think it is possible to morph V4 to a Posette look, the mesh is too smooth, she'll never have the definition when rendered. She'll always look as a blown up sausage  

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#5  Marv 18 Apr 2011 10:04

So what I did was a hybrid. I used the Azura body and tossed Posette's head on it. The reason for that is because I like the ability to use the character morphs that I made that can only be used on Posette's head and still have the benefit of the Azura body. Having done that and upon further review of the figure I'm not liking it as much as I thought I did. I do like the way the lower body looks with the Eve 4 type grouping but it does limit me in the fact that I would have to rework every clothing item I would want to use on it. I do like using the JP Converter because of the more natural posing I get with it but I still think that the JPs could still use some improvements especially in the area of the elbows. What I'm wanting to do is create a "better" Posette with more natural posing and less breakage of the mesh at the joints. I was inspired by a Project by Jim Farris's Modded Posette. I do the hybrids to see what is going to work and what does not. Posette is a great figure and in my opinion still a very versatile figure, I just want to update her a bit and make her the best she can be. If you are interested in Jim Farris's Modded Posette work here is the address: http://xaa.proboards.com/index.cgi?...play&thread=458

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

#6  ahjah 18 Apr 2011 12:01

Interesting reading, what I missed is the "Free Download" button, but seriously she seems to work pretty nicely. I'd like to test her with my FullBodyMorphs. I see the posts are from 2007. Has she been completed and is she available somewhere?

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#7  Marv 18 Apr 2011 16:57

I believe that she was a personal project of Jim. I wouldn't mind trying her out myself but I am also the kind to see if I can do it myself if anything else just to go through the process. But if I do my own I will surely post her here for everyone to enjoy.  

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

#8  ahjah 18 Apr 2011 17:14

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#9  Tormie 18 Apr 2011 19:25

+     

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#10  Marv 19 Apr 2011 19:24

I e-mailed Mr. Farris about his modded Posette so I could "pick his brains", so to speak, and see what his process was at creating his Posette. I also asked him if he plans to make her available. Here is his response:

"Not at this time.  I have years and years of time and a
tremendous amount of emotional energy invested into this
character, I don't see myself just handing her out for
free at the moment.  

A few years ago on the DAZ forums, I considered releasing
an earlier version, but the notion was completely ridiculed
and scorned by the community at large because she is a
low-poly character, so I have kept her to myself since then
and used her as a "signature" character in my artwork.  

At some point in the future I may approach Smith-Micro about
selling her through their website, but given how tremendously
hated and scorned Posette is by the rest of the community for
being low-poly, I have not seriously looked into this option.

- Jim"

That's okay and I can certainly respect his thinking and his choice and I also invited him to check out PosetteForever. Anyways, I thought I would share the info with everyone.

Marv  

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

#11  Xaa 03 Mar 2013 06:12

Marv wrote: [View Post]
I was inspired by a Project by Jim Farris's Modded Posette.

Goodness, I'm very sorry, I was only pointed to this thread just a few minutes ago!

I have always used Posette.  I liked the way the character looked from the beginning, did not like the way "Millie" looked (she later became "Victoria", then "Victoria 2", and so on).  I tweaked the character's face to get it to look the way I wanted, and spent literally years tweaking the body, learning new things, adding them to the character, tweaking some more...

My basic philosophy has always been that there never was a need to move on from Posette.  Instead, the need was to improve her.  Currently, the Posette I am using is a re-grouped, re-mapped version.  She bends better than Vickie 4, and is re-mapped to use Vickie 3 skins (of which I collected quite a few that were free on the web).  She also has ERC for hand posing, and literally over five hundred morphs.

As far as "What does she look like?"

Well, she looks like this:

Hey, when someone comes up with a figure that's better than my modded Posette, I'll consider switching.

...Hah!  No, I won't, I'll just look at how it works and make Posey better than it.  Hah!

Anyway...  Sorry I didn't reply immediately, I wasn't aware of this thread until just now, and did not know you had been inspired by some of my images.  I've gone further than what you've seen, Posey is an ongoing project and is continually improved.

Take care! =-)

blank.gif Xaa Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 60
Lemons 0
hearts 0

#12  Xaa 03 Mar 2013 06:19

Marv wrote: [View Post]
I e-mailed Mr. Farris about his modded Posette so I could "pick his brains", so to speak, and see what his process was at creating his posette.

Oh, wow, I didn't get that from your original letter, I thought you were just asking if you could have a copy.  So, I just replied "no way", I guess!  Sorry!

The most important thing I can tell you about improving Posette is first, learn how Poser's system for rigging works, and tweak her bends.  Add JCM's to shape her at the knees and elbows, keyed to the bending of forearm and shin.

Next, you'll want to use the best skins you can.  You can either re-map the character (as I did) to use higher-quality skins, or you can make better skins to match her original UV mapping.  

Either way, you will want to take advantage of all the power Poser has to offer with treating skins - and that means I'm using Poser Pro 2102, and Posey has sub-surface scattering and normal-mapping, as well as the renders being set to poly-smoothing.

Patience, practice, and experimentation.  Keep working on the character, tweaking the rigging and the skins until you get something that pleases you.  Then keep going, because this is 3D graphics - you can always do better.

Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 60
Lemons 0
hearts 0

#13  Chromium 03 Mar 2013 16:48

Whoa!, she looks stunning!, and thanks for posting.

Thanks for stopping by and really wish you could post some of you renders here in our gallery it would be a real inspiration to see how far your Posette, has come along.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#14  ahjah 03 Mar 2013 17:55

Hi and good to see you here. She looks brilliant     
That reminds me... I'd pretty much like to know if there's an unimesh remap for the original P4F (i.e. original hip and block eyebrows) available somewhere around...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#15  Xaa 03 Mar 2013 18:51

ahjah wrote: [View Post]
Hi and good to see you here. She looks brilliant     
That reminds me... I'd pretty much like to know if there's an unimesh remap for the original P4F (i.e. original hip and block eyebrows) available somewhere around...

I think there's one in the Rendo Freestuff by David Hoadley. =)

Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 60
Lemons 0
hearts 0

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL