Some Information From An Old School Posette Morpher

Page 1 of 1

Post Some Information From An Old School Posette Morpher

#1  duanemoody 15 Oct 2013 05:53

About 13 years ago I set up shop on GeoCities with something called Duane's Toybox since Renderotica didn't host downloads locally. As much as I liked working with the higher res figures there seemed to be a challenge getting the most out of the default P4 figures as we could. GeoCities is gone now, but oocities quietly archived most if not all of it.

When testing an eyelid morph for Posette I discovered that the left eyeblink isn't a perfect mirror of the right: the lid actually passes through the eyeball at one point (but most camera angles won't catch it). I don't know if this has been corrected since, I did it manually with something akin to MTmirror.

At Anime Expo 2011 I had the good fortune to meet Dan Farr face to face, and I asked him who the modelers for various figures were. As it so happens, Chris Cooper did Posette and all the Vickies up to the first Genesis model (which had just come out). So I consider them sisters more than rivals.

duanemoody Gender: Male
Lurker Surfer
Lurker Surfer
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 0
Lemons 12
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Some Information From An Old School Posette Morpher

#2  ahjah 15 Oct 2013 15:25

Hello and welcome Mr Moody
What took you so long to find your way here ?
We're a small bunch of Posette fans that think she's one of the best female figures for a lot of jobs in CG art even nowadays. She's easy to pose and you can render 20+ of her in one scene without any problems on modern hardware.
Not to forget, she's a beauty with lots of personality. Still she's first choice if you need quick results.
Personally, I'm very glad to meet you here finally. When I started playing with Poser and Posette more than a decade ago the morphs I found in your toy box way back were a great inspiration and encouragement to try making my own morphs (most of them in our freebie, if you're interested). If you look through our galleries you'll find some of your creations alive in several recent works by Maelstromme.

About Posette's eyes I found it is caused by the eye background mesh mainly. It's a pretty mess and completely different on each side. That is why it builds up different "tension" when morphed. It occurs when using poly -  smoothing in first place. I found out it can be fixed by scaling or moving back this part of the mesh in most cases.
On the other hand, it's this little imperfections that make the difference between aseptic "beauty" and real personality  

Thanks again for all the stuff you made way back and for joining us   

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#3  Chromium 15 Oct 2013 18:39

Welcome, and thanks for coming here, in this day, and age, where the thrill seekers are after the very latest.

It's nice to come across a person who appreciates his Poser roots.

I see you have been an inspiration to our dear Ahjah, who in turn is a great inspiration to us all, for that you have my thanks.

I hope we hear more from you here.

...and I hope you develop that passion for yours.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#4  Maelstromme 15 Oct 2013 23:32

I am pleased to see you here Duane, thank you for joining the forum!

I have done quite a few models up using your morphs. They have a realism that stands out even now. The others are right about me and my Posette use. She is my absolute favorite model to use. One of my favorite models of yours to use is SlayBelle. Another one is Milky. All of your works show that you are very talented in the making of morphs as well as the others here.

I have a lot of fun with character creation and am glad they still exist. Thank you for being so generous as to share and once again, I bid you welcome here!

Sincerely,

Maelstromme

us.png Maelstromme Gender: Female
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2870
Lemons 310
hearts 430

#5  JanReinar 16 Oct 2013 12:18

Welcome Duane!

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#6  boby123 05 Nov 2013 09:27

boby123 Gender: Male
Lurker Surfer
Lurker Surfer
Life + 1
Life + 1

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 10
Lemons 0
hearts 0

#7  ahjah 05 Nov 2013 13:06

boby123 wrote: [View Post]

This one is copyright by Maelstromme
I'm watching you...

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts New Information For New Generation Guest In Jail with Bubba 3 05 Nov 2007 16:05 View latest post
tda42
No new posts Posette? Ben_Dover The Posette Playground 12 06 Aug 2003 19:08 View latest post
Posy
No new posts Very un-posette.. SavageArtistry The Posette Playground 16 15 Aug 2003 22:11 View latest post
Maelstromme
No new posts Posette As An Elf P4luvr The Posette Playground 20 22 Jul 2011 04:02 View latest post
P4luvr
No new posts Lex and Isa for Posette ahjah The Posette Playground 4 02 Sep 2007 02:44 View latest post
tda42

Page 1 of 1