Happy Anniversary Posetteforever !

Page 1 of 1

Post Happy Anniversary Posetteforever !

#1  Tormie 30 Mar 2005 09:26

Today Posetteforever become 2 years old   !
I wish to thank you all the members of our little community who are like a family for me   ! The last year was not easy for many of us, but I hope that you will ever find here little moments of fun and relax   !

Thank you for being here friends       !

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  JanReinar 30 Mar 2005 13:51

Happy Birthday Posetteforever!            

Last edited by JanReinar on 30 Mar 2005 13:52; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#3  Ozymandias Jones 30 Mar 2005 13:57

Yippeeeeeee  

Let's dance and party

have a drink

Sing a song...

and then celebrate in the traditional Posetteforever way

Computer Lie #1: You'll never use all that disk space.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound as they fly by." - Douglas Adams

blank.gif Ozymandias Jones Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 12510
Lemons 7905
hearts 10

#4  erenda 30 Mar 2005 14:37

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

erenda 

#5  Landman 30 Mar 2005 16:50

Happy Birthday Everybody!!!

My grey matter is turning white, my proof is my grey hair....

Landman Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 9180
Lemons 5100
hearts 0

#6  Poserkatz 30 Mar 2005 19:04

Yeah! Happy birthday  

Poserkatz Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2580
Lemons 1762
hearts 0

#7  TdaC 30 Mar 2005 19:30

Happy birthday:)                                         

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

#8  pangor 30 Mar 2005 20:42

Last night, I added a joke style comment to the shout box on this subject.  However, the subject is important to me and I would now like to address it as such.

Thank you, Tormentor for your time, efforts and resources that you have expended to create this place where we all can come together.  Also, thank you for introducing us with the charming Posy and her sister, the holy terror of the roadways, Angela.

Also, I wish to thank everyone who frequent this site.  Without all of you, this special place would be only Tormentor's unfulfilled dream.  Or worse, if people with the wrong sort of personalities had become established here instead, then this place would have been Tormentor's nightmare.  So, I would like to thank all of your for helping to make PosetteForever what it has become.

I would like to relate to you how I first found PosetteForever and something that first established in my mind the nature of this site.

I was looking through the articles at ab3p and ab3b when I saw the the comments posted in response to "It will be a Disco Night !".  The article of the actual picture had either already expired from the server or it never got there.  So, I did not see the picture nor its description at that time.  However, I did see quoted fragments in the responding articles.  This same thing happen with a few other of Tormentor's pictures.  From the little that I read in the quotations they sounded interesting, delightful and a bit quirky.    I like a little quirky mixed in with the serious.   Then a while latter, someone posted a quotation that included the URL for this site.  So, I thought to stop by and look around, and maybe actually see the pictures that had intriged me.

While here the first time, I registered with the site.  But there was a glitch in the processes and I didn't get the confirmation email and so I could not activate the account.  I noticed in the news on the front page that there were some problems with the email processing at the time, so I waited.  That was in the middle of November of last year.  After waiting for a while for the email that didn't arrive, I contacted Tormentor by email explaining my siutation.  I asked him if he could cause the confirmation email to be resent or could he delete the account so that I could try to register again.  That was around the beginning of December, I sent the email late in the evening (my time zone), the next morning I had his reply waiting for me in which he informed me that he had just activated my account for me.

Should Tormentor's response to my problem be seen as unusual or wonderfully different than what one should expect?  No, such help should be the normal state of affairs; however, in many places it is not the way things are handled.

I had a registeration problem at another site also.  In that siutation, I created the account and activated it.  During that process, too late to correct it, I discovered  that I had mistyped my username.  So my username there is a typographical error.  I contacted the webmaster of that site and informed him of my situation and asked him if he could either change the username of the account to correct the spelling or delete the account so that I could recreate it.  I sent the request by PM and then having no reply or other reaction I sent it again about a week latter, in case the original had been lost.  I also sent the request by email.  To this day, I have not seen a reply or other reaction to my request.

To me that provides a clear example of the difference between Tormentor and many other webmasters, it also shows the different in the nature of the sites as well.  I feel that this is a special place, as such, I tend to invite only those who I feel could fit in around here.  So far it appears that only two of them have stopped by and only one has begun to post a little here.  To these new members I would like to say, go ahead and post, no one here will bite.

At leat some of you have encountered me on other sites besides PosetteForever.  Yes, I have established accounts on a large number of sites.  Of those that sites I have posted messages and/or pictures on only a few of them.  In general I only post were I feel comfortable in doing so.  Well as you can tell, I am very comfortable here.

Thank you everyone.

Pangor

pangor 

#9  Posy 30 Mar 2005 20:43

Alright then. Do you wear glasses? Who or what is the little that he or she read in the quotations they sounded interesting delightful and a bit quirky? Are you serious? Can you ask for help in the form of a question? Do you often use a computer there? Well that's okay.               OK I will tell them when I see 'em. You are quite welcome!               All people?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#10  pangor 30 Mar 2005 20:58

Yes, thank you too Posy.

pangor 

#11  Posy 30 Mar 2005 20:58

Yippee! You are quite welcome!               Too what?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#12  ahjah 31 Mar 2005 01:04

Another Happy B-Day to Posetteforever
Just love beeing a part of it

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

#13  tda42 31 Mar 2005 01:55

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POSETTEFOREVER!                                                                             Got carried away with the ikons.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#14  Tormie 31 Mar 2005 02:08

Thank you to you all   ! I'm happy to be a part of it too   !!

@Pangor: I know for sure that a lot of webmaster are only "the men with the money" who own the site which has been built by someone else (a web designer for example), so he/she simply don't know what to do   ... And there are many places where the webmaster is so busy with the store affairs that he ignores the newbies problems... For the new accounts you know that a valid email is required, but it's only an anti-register-bots measure, so if the user bump me I just know that he wants to access the site and I manually active him/her. I prune inactive users (who registered, activated but never logged int) and the users who never replied to the email on a regular basis, every 2 weeks, so he/she can register again if they want. I used to erase the account of the users who logged in a long time before but I stopped it (we shoud have a lot more of registered users now). The reason is that an user who want to login in after a long time could find annoying to register again, but I never cared of the total number of users, it could be of some interest if one has to present the site to banners/spam companies. not our case   ...

Another thing, I'll start a new topic about ab3dp and how to reach it and share the pictures on usenet: I think it's a very good way to do it ! I stopped to upload my pics some months ago only for laziness but you reminded me ab3dp   amd I'll activate my news client soon   !!!

Thank you !

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031