It's Posetteforever anniversary !

Page 1 of 1

Post It's Posetteforever anniversary !

#1  Tormie 30 Mar 2010 13:18

My dear friends

We made it for another year   !

It's Posetteforever 7th birthday!

It's time to leave the pacifier   and go to school ...    ... No, we can even wait a little more  

Well, it's time for deep thoughts ...

We all know and I've already told the story of this place... At the beginning I had confidence that it could become a large site, with a lot of people wandering around... Little by little I realized that our formula can't stand such a big scenario: With no commerce and money involved we can attract only persons that are involved in art for a pure fun, as a non lucrative hobby. We can't pay professionals to be part of our staff and everything works thank to the friends that volunteer and by their donations, obviously I mean "donations" as freebies and art made in order to beautify Posetteforever because I always refused money (in any case a big thank you to all the people that wanted to donate).
The consequence is that PF has become a place for friends to meet , a sort of lighthouse, and a place where you shouldn't feel pushed to do something. You can take a break and come back, you're always welcome, I mean, be lazy , real life is hard enough to show your efficency...
And I've to say that I like it even more like this, here I met great persons and I'm proud to be their friend   . You're part of my life like a family and I'll keep the light open (and the fridge stuffed) untill I can !

Now, for the celebrations :

As usual I'll open a gallery in our album dedicated to the anniversary, the them is "7" , the number seven: you can think of the 7 dwarfs or the 7 capital sins or whatever you want !
The gallery will be there for long, so no hurry !

If you want to contribute, we've also the "short stories" forum (that would need some fresh blood...) and whatever you want

I want to use this occasion to remind everyone that some of us use to meet on saturday in our Video Chat Room (link on the left panel), don't be shy   , we've a lot of fun and they don't say anything for my spaghetti english when I'm present   ...

So, here we're for the seventh year !     

Long life Posetteforever !

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: It's Posetteforever Anniversary !

#2  JanReinar 30 Mar 2010 17:05

LETS GO TO THE PARTY!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Last edited by JanReinar on 30 Mar 2010 17:06; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#3  tda42 30 Mar 2010 21:15

Man! Johnny paid for a lot of stuff.

Happy seventh birthday PF.     

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#4  GrouchoCaesar 30 Mar 2010 21:27

WHHHOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!    Party time!!

Everybody dance!   Tango....   Rhumba...   Foxtrot....   Hustle.... >SNAP!<   ...Medic!

(Anybody seen a used kneecap around here... ?  Ahhh, there it is.   )

Happy Birthday, PosetteForever!

(Save me some cake... and pizza... and lasagne... and cookies... and punch... and...)

new_zealand.png GrouchoCaesar Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3170
Lemons 1807
hearts 45

Post Re: It's Posetteforever anniversary !

#5  Tormie 30 Mar 2010 22:13

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#6  ahjah 04 Apr 2010 01:23

Happy Birthday Posetteforever!
(I'm late, I know had a busy week...)

Being here from the very beginning (almost, member id 11), I experienced all the changes here, along with the changes in 3D world and in my own life, too. A lot of them didn't suit my wishes, in all three categories...
My expectations to the board were similar to Davide's, a resort for admirers of Posette's sheer classical beauty, not stuck to any changes in fashion, with some kind of own personality unlike all the other exchangeable fashion dolls out there only developed to sell expensive clothing. I still miss my old Poser3 often. I used it over years, when everyone else was already using Poser4+. I miss fighting it's limitations, nothing worked out of the box. I had to modify most of the stuff loaded from the web to make it work. And I had to make a lot of things by myself. It pushed my inspiration and I learned an awful lot by this. Now using P7, I'm still overhelmed by all the possibilities. Too many toys, and can't decide with which one to paly first, it's not so much fun anymore. This is why my focus changed to photogaphy, something I wanted to do all my life.3D world can only be a substitute for reality, at least for me.
The fellowship of Posette almost broke up, we lost a lot of people over the years, the're not few I'm still missing a lot.
But whe're still here, and I still like being part of it. As Davide said above, it's family. Seven years is an awful long time, most of my relations didn't hold this long, and in www its an eternity, anyway.
Thank you friends for being here And thank you, thank you, thank you Davide for giving us home

... and now, after all this heavy thoughts, PARTY OHHHHN!

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

Post Re: It's Posetteforever anniversary !

#7  Tormie 04 Apr 2010 21:05

True words Andreas ... I'm thinking of stuffing all the toys that I've and begin from scratch like I did some years ago, it was more funny   . Too many toys to focus with them

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#8  guiltypleasures 04 Apr 2010 23:44

Wow, 7 years, where has the time gone?    It seems just like yesterday when I drug my penguins kicking and screaming in here (they always do that when we go anywhere   ). Setting up my rubber tree and stocking the fridge with fresh kosher pickles (for the penguins), baking my first batch of home made tuna pop tarts (which Tormie promptly ate   ) and served my fantastic WarHead Mixers (only one death so far thank goodness   ). Yes it all seems fresh in my mind even though I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning Life here has been a party all the time, and I'm sure it will always be that way!   I don't even think Tormie's   farts can scare some of us away!     (it doesn't hurt to keep a gas mask handy though)   
We all do tend to leave here at times when real life sucks us away, but most of us do remember our way back home and I think at least for me when I do I'm happier for it    
So thank you Davide and all the rest of you who have found your home here, without all of you Davide would just have an empty room that smelled and.... ahhh well you know what I mean, we love it here!!!!      

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Posette FOREVER!!!!         WE LOVE YOU!  

blank.gif guiltypleasures Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

HideWas this topic useful?