Comparing Poser Figures

Page 1 of 1

Post Comparing Poser Figures

#1  rico 13 Mar 2022 12:53

Hi there all !

I wanted to know, which P4NM & P4NW was best to use.

Obviously the correct answer is, to select a good base one & then customise it to make your own version of the suitable figure for you.

So, I compare P4NM figures, & SOME (not all yet) P4NW figures.

First up, P4NM.

I'm SO GLAD for 'imperfect' real world 3D characters ( , so tired of 'perfect' DAZ3D characters). In the Domus 2.1 figure, I notice an 'issue' by the right eyebrow. Looking at the Domus 2.1 base texture, I notice that the person's right eyebrow does seem different from the left.

However, WHY does the difference seem to PRONOUNCED/EXAGERATED on the 3D figure? On the texture itself, the difference does not seem to PRONOUNCED/EXAGERATED.

Then P4NW.

I tried the P4NW wG for Victoria 3 texture. It works fine, from the front, but by the back, around the waist, there seems to be a problem. What could be the cause, please?

Then I compared the skins for other reworks of P4NW (excl. the Nea Project, I didn't have time to insert them right now). Here's the base texture result.

Finally, I compare the P4NW base texture to the "Posette P3NW to P4NW" Re-mapped figure, P3NW taking P4NW textures. The ReadMe says that it is an imperfect Work-In-Progress, but I'm very glad for it. It works good for most purposes!

There are problem areas around the ears, & where the shoulder meets the chest, but I think it's minor.

P4NW on your left, P3NW with P4NW texture on your right.

I'm still going to compare others, & try to configure my personal version of which figure works best for me.

(I still don't understand the JP alteration version of Posette though. And I must figure out why the V4 to V3 figure doesn't come up in Poser as it gives errors of missing channels, deltas, files, etc. )

Last edited by rico on 13 Mar 2022 12:56; edited 2 times in total 
 rico Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Elbow
Elbow

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 1130
Lemons 132
hearts 147

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Comparing Poser Figures

#2  Nik 13 Mar 2022 15:24

Um, they all look the same to me --Except the 'tache !!

Yeah, post-middle-aged eyes, over-due at opticians due Covid, and borderline Asperger's...

uk.png Nik Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

#3  ahjah 13 Mar 2022 17:17

Dork/P4NM has an overlapping/flipped facet on the right eyebrow. It's in the model itself and this facet isn't UV mapped properly for that reason. If one tries to fix it by smoothing out the mesh (i.e. Domus, and some of my own tries) it seems to get even worse. The only solution would be to fix the original OBJ and then apply a completely new mapping that matches the original one exactly (for compatibility with the existing textures). AFAIK nobody has gone thru this hassle

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#4  rico 14 Mar 2022 09:49

I Nik, my spectacles are so old, they're retro, borderline antique!

Thank you kindly ahjah! That explains why it's a recurring problem! Much appreciated!

Frequent User
Frequent User
Elbow
Elbow

Tomatoes 1130
Lemons 132
hearts 147

#5  Dolly13 15 Mar 2022 15:50

Very nice work rico. It is amazing how many different posettes there are. What is the JP version? I don't recognize that one.

Dolly13 
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Elbow
Elbow

Tomatoes 120
Lemons 26
hearts 7

#6  rico 16 Mar 2022 10:11

Hi there. Yes, many variations, but only 1 original ! The Mona Lisa might be an older work, but it's the only original !

The Joint Parameter version, makes adjustments to how P3NW & P4NW bends at the neck, hip, elbow, & knee. It makes the bends break less, & appear smoother.

It is available, here at PF, in the Free Stuff resources, uploaded by Chromium. As the ReadMe indicates, "Contents Copyleft 2013 A. Aziz (The-Chromium-Works)." Hats off, & thumbs up   

Frequent User
Frequent User
Elbow
Elbow

Tomatoes 1130
Lemons 132
hearts 147

#7  Dolly13 16 Mar 2022 14:56

Thank you rico.
Creating the catalog for Posette on PoserDAZ freebie wiki is one of the projects I want to take on. Cataloging this site will be very interesting. There seems to be many sites on wayback, as well, of things for her. The section on the wiki is pretty sparse.

Dolly13 
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Elbow
Elbow

Tomatoes 120
Lemons 26
hearts 7

#8  rico 19 Mar 2022 12:41

Indeed, there's a number of things on the Wayback Machine, for which I'm very grateful    ! For P3 & P4 .

Frequent User
Frequent User
Elbow
Elbow

Tomatoes 1130
Lemons 132
hearts 147

#9  BeautifulKristina 08 Sep 2023 18:19

rico wrote: [View Post]
Hi there all !

I wanted to know, which P4NM & P4NW was best to use.

Obviously the correct answer is, to select a good base one & then customise it to make your own version >--Spam Removed--< of the suitable figure for you.

So, I compare P4NM figures, & SOME (not all yet) P4NW figures.

First up, P4NM.

I'm SO GLAD for 'imperfect' real world 3D characters ( , so tired of 'perfect' DAZ3D characters). In the Domus 2.1 figure, I notice an 'issue' by the right eyebrow. Looking at the Domus 2.1 base texture, I notice that the person's right eyebrow does seem different from the left.

However, WHY does the difference seem to PRONOUNCED/EXAGERATED on the 3D figure? On the texture itself, the difference does not seem to PRONOUNCED/EXAGERATED.

Then P4NW.

I tried the P4NW wG for Victoria 3 texture. It works fine, from the front, but by the back, around the waist, there seems to be a problem. What could be the cause, please?

Then I compared the skins for other reworks of P4NW (excl. the Nea Project, I didn't have time to insert them right now). Here's the base texture result.

Finally, I compare the P4NW base texture to the "Posette P3NW to P4NW" Re-mapped figure, P3NW taking P4NW textures. The ReadMe says that it is an imperfect Work-In-Progress, but I'm very glad for it. It works good for most purposes!

There are problem areas around the ears, & where the shoulder meets the chest, but I think it's minor.

P4NW on your left, P3NW with P4NW texture on your right.

I'm still going to compare others, & try to configure my personal version of which figure works best for me.

(I still don't understand the JP alteration version of Posette though. And I must figure out why the V4 to V3 figure doesn't come up in Poser as it gives errors of missing channels, deltas, files, etc. )

They all look very much silimar to each other. I think only the eye scolors are different.

Last edited by Guest on 25 Sep 2023 19:30; edited 2 times in total 
 BeautifulKristina 

#10  ahjah 08 Sep 2023 18:58

Hello and welcome BeautifulKristina

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#11  GrantGood 17 Feb 2024 15:14

ahjah wrote: [View Post]
Hello and welcome BeautifulKristina

Welcome BeautifulKristina.

GrantGood 

#12  ahjah 17 Feb 2024 15:39

Hi GrantGood
BeautifulKristina is banned for spamming already...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130